20 July 2017 - bulletin 407

Updated at 2110 GMT
Latest warning for 06E and 07E
First warning for 07W
Final warning for 08E
Disturbance update



CENTRAL PACIFIC OCEAN
Tropical storm Fernanda / 06E
Warning 36 from NHC at 2100 GMT
Position 18.2N 140.4W
Location 965 miles E of Hilo, Hawaii
Movement 280° (W) at 11 knots
Maximum sustained winds 50 knots gusting to 65 knots
Winds of 34 knots or higher occur within 90 miles of the centre
Minimum central pressure: 998 mbar
Threatened landmasses NONE
Next warning from CPHC at 0300 GMT

Fernanda will move westnorthwest, and is continuing to weaken. The system will cease to be a tropical cyclone within a day or so.

As this system has now passed west of 140W, the Central Pacific Hurricane Center will take over the issuance of warnings as of 0300 GMT.

Tropical storm Greg / 07E
Warning 14 from NHC at 2100 GMT
Position 14.2N 116.4W
Location 705 miles SSW of the southern tip of Baja California, Mexico
Movement 275° (W) at 9 knots
Maximum sustained winds 45 knots gusting to 55 knots
Winds of 34 knots or higher occur within 60 miles of the centre
Minimum central pressure: 1003 mbar
Threatened landmasses NONE
Next warning from NHC at 0300 GMT

Greg will continue to move west and is expected to strengthen to 70 knots before weakening again.

Post-tropical cyclone 08E
Warning 10 from NHC at 2100 GMT
Position 13.3N 123.9W
Location 1130 miles WSW of the southern tip of Baja California
Movement 245° (WSW) at 5 knots
Maximum sustained winds 25 knots gusting to 35 knots
Minimum central pressure: 1009 mbar
Threatened landmasses NONE
FINAL WARNING

08E is no longer a tropical cyclone. Its remnants will become absorbed into 07E.

NORTHWESTERN PACIFIC OCEAN
Tropical depression 07W
Warning 01 from JTWC at 2100 GMT
Position 27.7N 158.1W
Location 1044 miles ESE of Yokosuka, Japan
Movement 280° (W) at 7 knots
Maximum sustained winds 25 knots gusting to 35 knots
Threatened landmasses NONE
Maximum significant wave height 12 feet
Next warning from NHC at 0300 GMT

07W has formed and will move west. As it interacts with tropical disturbance 97W, the track forecast becomes highly uncertain. 07W will intensify to 55 knots.

TROPICAL DISTURBANCE UPDATE
NORTHWESTERN PACIFIC OCEAN
Update from JTWC at 2100 GMT
System 95W is now 07W

System 97W
Position 22.9N 177.3E
Location 430 miles SW of Midway Island
Likelihood of tropical cyclone formation within 24 hours is now MEDIUM

EASTERN PACIFIC OCEAN
Update from NHC at 1800 GMT
System 99E
Position 11.8N 106.0W
Likelihood of tropical cyclone formation within 48 hours is HIGH (70%)Likelihood of tropical cyclone formation within 5 days is HIGH (90%)

System No Invest Assigned
Position 8N 88W
Likelihood of tropical cyclone formation within 48 hours is LOW (20%)Likelihood of tropical cyclone formation within 5 days is HIGH (80%)

 

No comments: